Philosophy & Mission
Philosophy of St. Gregory the Great Parish School
St. Gregory the Great is a Catholic school in Milwaukee dedicated to providing children with the skills and attitudes necessary for life-long learning in today’s global society. Thus, as members of the St Gregory the Great Parish Community, we model and share Christian values, beliefs, and heritage. Above all, our community is a partnership of faith where we believe that communication and collaboration are essential among all members.
“Positive People, Learning, Living, and Growing in Christ Through Faith and Service'”
In truth, we believe in the inherent worth of each person and respect the unique qualities of each child. For this reason, since children are our primary focus, the school environment, and curriculum are designed to enhance the development of the child’s spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical life. Click HERE to view our staff page to get to know our teachers.
Catholic School Morals & Teachings
Social justice concerns are central to our Catholic Christian teaching and community. Thus, we respect and value the diverse nature of our parish, local, and global communities. As a result children are taught and encouraged to minister to the needs of these communities through prayer, education, and service.
- Grade Levels – K4 through Grade 8 (K4 and K5 are full day programs)
- Value based instruction and Catholic teachings
- Weekly liturgies with the parish priest
- Standard based curriculum
- Specialist instruction in the areas of Music, Physical Education and Spanish
- Before and After School Program (Partnership with YMCA)
- Breakfast and Lunch Program
- School library available for book check out and research projects
- Annual Christmas and Spring Concerts
- Science Lab
- Technology integrated into the daily curriculum, computer access to all grades
- Chromebook program in grades 5-8
- iPads available to all grades
- SMART Boards in all classrooms
- Uniforms are worn in K4 – Grade 8
- Extracurricular activities include: Athletics, Scouts, Cadets, Altar Servers, SKY Team, and Peer Tutoring
- Service Opportunities
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Participant in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
Becoming A St. Greg’s Family
If you are looking for a new school for you and your family, visit our enrollment page to find out how you can be a part of our community.